[THIN] Zone Data Collector Enquiry

  • From: Loren Wheatly <lorenwheatly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:14:42 +1000

Hi

I have a farm of 20 Windows 2003 XenApp 4.5 servers (Physical) across 2
sites which are connected by dual Gig links.  I have a dedicated ZDC which
is virtual.  Im looking demising the ZDC and making one of the 20 existing
Physical servers the ZDC.  What are peoples thoughts on this?  Is it
preferable to have a VM ZDC solely for this function?  My farm is
underutilised - runs at 50% so there is capacity.  Wondering what your
thoughts and what best practice is.

Also are there any issues with running the ZDC function on a WIndows 2008
server?  All other servers in the farm are Windows 2003..

Thanks