[THIN] Re: Zone Data Collector Enquiry

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:05:22 +0800

I think that removing a dedicated ZDC from your environment would be a
mistake. As per best practice, when there are either 150 or more concurrent
users, or 5 or more servers in a Zone, there should be a dedicated Zone Data
Collector for the zones that carry that load. This will ensure the efficient
and fast servicing of application requests. A dedicated data collector is
simply a XenApp server that carries no user load, so that all its processing
power goes towards managing the zone. The Dedicated Zone Data Collector
should be at the top of the list in the Web Interface configuration, as it
will act as the primary XML Broker and STA Server. Other servers will be
listed, but only used for failover, and not for load balancing.

Cheers,

Jeremy.