[THIN] XenApp 5.0 Printing

  • From: "Paul Bergson (ALLETE)" <pbergson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:46:55 -0500

We recently updated from Metaframe XP to a new farm with XenApp 5.0.  I had
hoped once we got to the new farm my printing issues would subside.
Short term at least, I have more issues instead of less.  My guess is I don't
have a strong enough understanding of the new system.

I have rolled out Notepad as my first application and I can't seem to get
anything but the XPS printer to show up.  I have imported my 2 print servers
successfully.  I logged on the XenApp server as an admin and installed a couple
of printers and when I log onto NotePad with the admin account the printers do
show up, but that isn't an option for my user base.

My policy settings are below (No other settings are defined):
Printing
   Client Printers
      Auto-Creation - Enabled
                Auto-Create the client's default printer only
        Legacy client printers - Enabled
                Create dynamic session-private client printers
        Printer properties retention - Enabled
                Retained in user profile only
        Print job routing - Enabled
                Connect directly to network print server if possible
        Turn off client printer mapping - Disabled
   Drivers
        Native printer driver auto-install - Enabled
                Do not automatically install drivers
        Universal driver
                Use universal driver only
   Session printers - Enabled
        No printers defined
        Choose client's default printer: = Set default printer to the client's
main printer

I have tried to get XPS working
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118554
Talks about XPS but this option isn't even available in the registry and I
tried installing via
http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/gabeknuth/archive/2008/12/16/xenapp-5-feature-profile-citrix-universal-xps-printer-driver.aspx

I'm stumped?  Any help appreciated.

Thank-You