[THIN] Re: Windows 2000, Outlook (and Crystal Reports)

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:53:49 +0100

Outlook 2000?

I see the option (GPO gui) in User Configuration -> Administrative
Templates -> Microsoft Outlook 2000 -> Tools | Options -> Mail Services
-> Profile prompt. And according to OUTLK9.ADM it should be
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options\PickLogonProfil
e of type REG_SZ and set to 0 (zero) (if you'd prefer to script it).

> >In fairness, it *is* a MAPI thing.
>
> >Were you happy to code your own app, that simply created an email
> message and sent it to an
> >email server / address, you would not have this issue. But
> using MAPI,
> which will use the
> >underlying "mail" client, and you have to accept the
> limitations of the
> architecture you
> >are piggy-backing.
>
> I understand, and agree. Sadly, it's not our app, it's
> Crystal Reports, and Microsoft admits that if there's only
> one profile to pick from, the user shouldn't be forced to pick it...

Try the value above, see what happens. (I'm not convinced it's truly a
bug - merely *possible* undesirable behaviour from a certain
perspective).

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com