[THIN] Re: VMware vs VS2005

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <Roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:00:07 -0600

Well VM presents either an LSI logic driver or a Buslogic driver fro the
disk. For the Network card its either an AMDPCInet driver or a specific
VMware driver.

The hardware presented is not as big a deal as the performance you get from
within the virtual layer. I have been outlining a whitepaper comparing the
two (apples to apples) but have been looking for a vendor to sponsor it so I
can compare on more than just the G1 hardware in my basement.

Anyway, hit me offline if you need more info and check out our free chapter
on VMware ESX at brianmadden.com  (also some whitepapers at VMguru.com)

Ron Oglesby
Director of Technical Architecture

RapidApp, Chicago