[THIN] VMware vs VS2005

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:50:22 -0700

Attn VMware afficionados,

What hardware does VM ESX present to a Windows OS?  I see that the
motherboard is an Intel 440BX.  What NIC does it show up as?  What about
SCSI?  Microsoft shows up an an Intel NIC and Adaptec SCSI.  My goal is to
build a matrix comparing the two in how the hardware is represented to the
guest OS.

Thanks,
adam