[THIN] Re: Slightly OT - Trend Performance

  • From: "Euan Cooper" <euan.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:33:44 +1200

Anyone getting anywhere with this?

We have loaded the updated scan engine but are still having the same
issues and have had to stop the trend services on our terminal servers.

W are running Office Scan on out terminal servers and prior to loading
the new scan engine, stoping the listener service (but leaving the real
time scan running) was enough to make the servers useable - not as good
as prior to this problem but acceptable.   Now we need to stop both for
users to be able to function.  We are not seeing a significant
performance hit anymore the - hotfixes outlined in

http://esupport.trendmicro.com.au/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-103553
2&id=EN-1035532
<http://esupport.trendmicro.com.au/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-10355
32&id=EN-1035532>
And
http://esupport.trendmicro.com.au/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-103553
1&id=EN-1035531
<http://esupport.trendmicro.com.au/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-10355
31&id=EN-1035531>
fixed that for us.

What we are seeing is some form of memory leak with Trend  gradually
consumiong more and ore system resources until we see event 2020 errors
in the System log and event 1000 in the app log and the users are either
unable to log in at all or end up logged on but with a blank desktop -
stopping the trend services instantly resolves this problem.

I'm thinking of trying a script to stop the services sleep for a minute
or so and then re-start them - it's either that or leave our terminal
servers completely unprotected.

-Ec