[THIN] Re: Slightly OT - Trend Performance

  • From: "Jay P. Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:39:38 -0400

The second part of the answer I posted was something I received from
another person working another case w/ trend, possibly on a non-Citrix
server.  I passed it along as a FYI for what the change did.  I should
have edited out the extraneous info I guess....

Anyway, no, our servers are still running like crap.  Seems to mostly
impact the older Xeon procs w/ hyperthreading.  Our newer dual core
boxes don't skip a beat with Trend turned on.

The main thing we notice is much higher than normal kernal times in Task
Manager.  Proquota.exe (we enforce a size limit on roaming profiles)
also seems to be at the top of the CPU usage lists, and before the new
engine it was hardly noticed.