[THIN] Re: Simply Profiles / Hybrid Profiles

  • From: "Joel Stolk" <JStolk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:24:25 -0500

I only ask because I would like to know if this feature works or not.
If you have personally tried it and it works well I would love to know
about it.  If it is a viable feature, they should include it in the
documentation, because that would make it more of an all-in-one solution
and I would be puzzled as to why they would recommend mandatory profiles
and folder redirection.

As to the flexibility question, you seem to be getting very upset over
simple semantics, so let me clarify:

Flex profiles did not work in our environment because of the apparent
(according to the documentation) dependency on folder redirection to the
home drives.  Managed roaming profiles provided us a better solution
because of slow links to a lot of users' home drives.

-Joel