[THIN] Re: Simply Profiles / Hybrid Profiles

  • From: "Joel Stolk" <JStolk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:38:20 -0500

Flex profiles retain HKCU registry settings only, stored in a file, via
a hacked version of the MS Office profile wizard.  You can use a
mandatory profile and/or folder redirection to the user's home drive
along with a Flex profile, but the profile wizard doesn't handle this
process.  It's not that great of benefit IHMO unless you're using it
with mandatory profiles, because you're still pushing the same %profile%
folders to the home drive like a roaming profile.  This was the main
issue we had because our home drives are remote to the Citrix servers in
a lot of cases, whereas roaming profiles are stored local to the Citrix
servers.

-Joel