[THIN] SV: (OT)Advice to buy new server

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:08:56 +0100

I really dont think any brand offers anything the next one does'nt.

Its more important to think "big picture", and have one brand/supplier
to ease what management software you have to learn/monitor, have one
support organization to call when needed and so on. Having 9 different
brands depending on whats hot when you bought it will never pay off.

I have use IBM for all hardware, but i cant figure out any technical
reason to use them over HP or Dell. Same shit, different wrapping.

Mvh
Svein Arild

  _____