[THIN] Re: Publishing applications to specific computers

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:49:51 -0400

MessageI have some apps I limit to certain devices via a script such as:

if %clientname%==ws1 goto auth
if %clientname%==ws2 goto auth
cls
"E:\Program Files\Bulletin\Bulletin.exe" "E:\Program
Files\Bulletin\projno.txt"
logoff
:auth
start projstart.lnk
exit

where bulletin is a program that displays the contents of a text file as a
message (ie. "This workstation not authorized") and projstart.lnk is a
shortcut to the application.

Not bulletproof but does the job.

- Bob Coffman