[THIN] Re: Publishing applications to specific computers

  • From: Spriggs Jon <Jon.Spriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:32:49 +0100

How about modifying the script below to something like (and I've not tried
this live, but it should work (or something like it)...)

for /f %%a in (\\myserver\uncpath\appauthws.txt
<file://\\myserver\uncpath\appauthws.txt> ) do if %clientname%==%%a goto
authws
goto notapproved
:authws
for /f %%a in (\\myserver\uncpath\appauthuser.txt
<file://\\myserver\uncpath\appauthuser.txt> ) do if %username%==%%a goto
auth
goto notapproved
:auth
c:\program files\myprog\myprog.exe
goto end
:notapproved
net send localhost You may not access this application
:end

Then, if you want to grant access, just add the workstation or user to the
list.

Jon Spriggs
--
The presence of a "Fujitsu" address does not imply or assume that Fujitsu
Services, Fujitsu or any other company containing the Fujitsu name uses or