[THIN] Re: PS4 hung on logon

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:35:37 -0500

Thank you for your detailed information. I had not heard of the
Stressprinter utility but it sounds very helpful.

I may have found part of the problem. I noticed in the spooler directory
there was a number of tmp files from 2007. I deleted them as soon as I
did the Citrix Print Manager Service started acting normal again
(starting and stopping from the MMC). I checked each server in the farm
and they all had old print files from 2007. I'm going to wait a few days
and see if the problem reoccurs and in the mean time test all our print
drivers with the Stressprinter utility. So far all the print drivers
tested have 0 errors but I will carefully go through each driver on the
server to ensure I don't miss any.

Again, thanks very much for your help.

Matthew Shrewsbury
Director of Information Technology

Coscan Homes, LLC
5555 Anglers Avenue, Suite 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
mshrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.coscanhomes.com
Phone: 954-620-1052
Fax: (954)-620-1001

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me at 954-620-1052 and permanently delete the
original, including any attachments thereto, and any copy or printout thereof.