[THIN] Re: Outlook Exchange Cached Mode

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:07:57 -0400

Yes that is available.  I will have to consider that as well.  These remote
users are very un-savvy computer users, and one could argue OWA would be easier
as well.

I also wonder if Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010 will have full EWS support,
eliminating MAPI connections via Outlook Anywhere, which would also eliminate
cached mode being as important.  I also wonder if that's even coming with
Exchange 2007 SP2 and a hotfix for Outlook 2007 (kind of like how Exchange over
HTTP(S) was added with a hotfix initially)