[THIN] OT Remote control PCs behind NAT firewall

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:10:07 -0500

My company is using Citrix more and more from remote locations.
Unfortunately I'm tending to run into PC OS problems more often then not
and talking the users through the simplest tasks in some cases is very
painful.

Does anyone know of a web based remote control program what will work
without any firewall configuration and allow me to easily remote control
remote PCs? I would think it needs to be HTTP based so I can easily
traverse firewalls. Citrix has "go to my PC" but it is expensive...I
need something cheaper.

Most of the PCs are XP and have RDP but that would require me to setup
port forwarding on the firewalls and I don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator