[THIN] Re: OT : Advice Sought

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:33:27 -0400

I don't think you could call licensing TV's keeping up with anything...I
remember years ago(we are talking at least 25) when I sold TV's in the US at
JC Penneys, that we had to remove a card from each TV and fill it out and it
got sent to the FCC.  I am pretty sure that this isn't a requirement
anymore.

I fail to see what purpose "knowing" someone can receive open air free
signals has.  In this case sounds like just another "tea tax" to me.  God
bless America.

JK