[THIN] Re: OT: Advice Sought

  • From: "Spencer Sun" <ssun@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:07:14 -0500

Thanks, all, for your input.   I knew I could count on this list for
information and entertainment!

So, to sum up:

1.    I should expect 40% of my salary to be taken by the government, maybe
more, as I am a foreign national.  (Thanks for the salary calculator,
Jeremy.  That's handy.)
2.    Buy a car over there, preferably a beater, until I get used to being
on the wright side of the road.  The car allowance will probably be taxed as
income.
3.    Stay away or close to the Essex women.  Gotta watch out for those
stilletto's.
4.    License for the TV.  I had heard about that my last trip over.
5.    Find a place near a tube stop.
6.    No hunting with dogs, cigarettes or guns.  (whew!)
7.    Be sure to do the social things with the team, pubs, etc.
8.    Don't be wary of the fags.
9.    oh, and I'll be watched on camera's all the time.  Even those lonely
nights.....

I'm quite excited about this new adventure.  I certainly hope my permit
comes through.  God bless the Queen!

Spencer