[THIN] Re: OT: Advice Sought

  • From: Spriggs Jon <Jon.Spriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:05:45 +0100

Spencer,

Not knowing what income tax etc. you might be charged as being a foreign
national, it's usually expected to be around 1/3rd tax & National Insurance.
At a cut-off point (which I can't remember) income tax goes up to ~40%, so
it becomes a bit higher.

If you'll be travelling, and have a car allowance, that might be considered
as part of the tax - that could bump up the tax by another 1-3% depending on
what the car is (this might be wrong... I'm not so sure on this part).

Housing - I'm not sure where Gerrards Cross is, but if it's near London, try
and get a place close to the end of the Underground, as if you're car dies,
you can still travel into London without *too* much of an issue. In
addition, the house prices will be high enough to keep most of the riff-raff
away ;) but not so high that you can't afford it. Try to avoid the
Essex/Greater London border if you can - I used to live around there and
it's getting worse (or so I understand from my friends who still live
there).

Alternatively, if you're after the "chicks" - check out Essex Girls (who
are, if I understand the humour properly, the equivalent of Valley girls :)

Jon Spriggs
--
The presence of a "Fujitsu" address does not imply or assume that Fujitsu
Services, Fujitsu or any other company containing the Fujitsu name uses or