[THIN] Re: OT: 1 power bar - 2 UPS

  • From: kenw@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:13:39 -0600

Eh, no, those things where the sparks climbed up the wires were called a
"Jacob's Ladder".  A Biblical reference to a stairway to heaven.

Telsa coils radiated high voltage high frequency power from a single point
at the top of the tower.  Always struck me as stunningly inefficient.
Neat, though.

/kenw

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:16:15 -0400, Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I beleive those devices are called Tesla Coils, no?  LOL

Ken Wallewein
K&M Systems Integration
Phone (403)274-7848
Fax   (403)275-4535