[THIN] Re: Mobility Solution

  • From: "Grant O'Connor" <goconnor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:06:01 +1200

Mark,
Just found this http://www.tricerat.com/?page=sdt#screenshots

May solve our problem

Simplify Data Transfer

 Overview of Simplify Data Transfer

Simplify Data Transfer provides Fast, Easy and Secure file transfer for
Terminal Services. It supports transferring files between the client
workstation's drives and those on the terminal server. A simple
interface permits users to easily browse their files, highlight files
for transfer, and move or copy them between the selected locations.
Simplify Data Transfer uses virtual channel technology to control
bandwidth usage and works with both RDP 5 and ICA.

Simplify Data Transfer gives the administrator a great deal of control
over which drive letters are available for data transfer. RDP and ICA
drive mapping is an all-or-nothing option. Simplify Data Transfer has an
administrative tool that allows you to specify not only which drives are
mapped but which way data can move: from client to server only, from
server to client only, or in both directions something not possible with
drive letter mapping. Key Benefits
 Protocol independent design supports ICA and RDP 5
 Administrators obtain total control over which local and/or system
drives a user can use inside the session and which direction data is
transferred
 Data is encapsulated inside RDP/ICA virtual channels and is subject to
the bandwidth restrictions being enforced on the connection
 Robust error checking
 Server based licensing means there are no per user charges and the
client is freely redistributable
 Simple to use deployment scripts are provided
 Simplify Data Transfer is the easiest way to provide file management
within Portal and Published Application environments

Grant O'Connor
iVASP