[THIN] Re: MFCOM hanging when installing XenApp 6.5

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:28:30 +1000

Hi Pat

I cannot create a farm.  The MFCOM service is hanging before I configure the
farm.  If I try to configure XenApp it fails when trying to configure the
datastore.  Our SQL DBA confirmed that the SQL DB is not being updated at all.
Im assuming this issue is being caused my MFCOM hang

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:12:31 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: MFCOM hanging when installing XenApp 6.5
From: strangedog@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try creating a farm.  IMA needs to be able to talk to the database to start
successfully.
Pat Coughlin
On Aug 14, 2012 7:07 AM, "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Im trying to build my first XenApp 6.5
farm.  We are running the following:

ESX VSphere 4 VM

Windows 2008 R2 x64

SQL 2008 R2

When I install the XenApp Server role,
Im finding that Citrix MFCOM is hanging after a reboot.  Citrix IMA
also fails to start.  I haven't even attempted to configure the farm
(the steps where you select the Datastore location/farm creation settings).
 Therefore I have hanging services before I have even created the
Citrix farm.  How do I go about troubleshooting this?  I have
performed the following:

- Uninstalled / re-installed Citrix
components

- Logged in with my AD Citrix service
account and also the local Server Admin account - same issue where MFCOM
hangs each time.

- Ran dsmaint recreatelhc then dsmaint
recreateade.  IMA and MFCOM still wont start

Thanks

Angela