[THIN] Re: MFCOM hanging when installing XenApp 6.5

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:01:10 +0000

Had the same issue at a customer site and we did the same thing James did.
Rebuilt the server (R2 SP1), no Windows updates until 6.5 was installed.  Had
no issues after that.

Thanks

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>

From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [THIN] Re: MFCOM hanging when installing XenApp 6.5

Angela,
We had the same issue with our ZDC (first server for the farm). We didnt bother
troubleshooting (sorry to say) we simply rolled back the VM to 'out of box'
windows 2008 R2 and did NOT apply ANY windows updates until XA6.5 was
installed....

James

________________________________
From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] MFCOM hanging when installing XenApp 6.5

Hi

Im trying to build my first XenApp 6.5 farm.  We are running the following:

ESX VSphere 4 VM
Windows 2008 R2 x64
SQL 2008 R2

When I install the XenApp Server role, Im finding that Citrix MFCOM is hanging
after a reboot.  Citrix IMA also fails to start.  I haven't even attempted to
configure the farm (the steps where you select the Datastore location/farm
creation settings).  Therefore I have hanging services before I have even
created the Citrix farm.  How do I go about troubleshooting this?  I have
performed the following:

- Uninstalled / re-installed Citrix components
- Logged in with my AD Citrix service account and also the local Server Admin
account - same issue where MFCOM hangs each time.
- Ran dsmaint recreatelhc then dsmaint recreateade.  IMA and MFCOM still wont
start