[THIN] ICA alternative?

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:16:05 -0400

Hi all, as far as I know ICA was designed to use the least amount of Network
bandwidth possible.  This is great for low bandwidth networks, but not so
good for LANS.   We currently have 100Mb to the desktop and are looking to
provide graphics intensive applications through Terminal Servers,
applications such as Matlab and other simulation pacakages.
We are using Neoware thin clients are very happy with them.  However,  the
simulations do not display as fast as we expect, they seem very slow.
We do have a lot of bandwidth available, and system resources are
underutilized.
Is there an ICA setting I need to set or tweak to allow the ICA  protocol to
use as much bandwidth as necessary?
If not, is there an alternative product/solution for my requirement of
displaying graphics intensive programs on Thin CLients?

Thanks,

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859