[THIN] Re: ICA alternative?

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:11:25 -0400

I have not heard about Direct ICA.
Assuming we have the best possible Video card available for Neowares and a
100 Mb pipe.
Is there any fine tuning I need to do on the server or client to make sure
as much bandwidth is used as necessary?
Or is this preety much the default?

We used the X11 protocol on NCD terminals for a long time and that protocol
seemed a lot faster than ICA.

Fat clients are certainly not an option for us.   I just need to make I am
doing everything to display graphics on the Thin clients as best as
possible.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55