[THIN] Re: Here's a biggie. Why is thin computing the future.

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:57:18 +0100

Angus
On the Licensing costs

1. Your Microsoft licensing will be dirt cheap due to the NHS deal with
Microsoft.
2. I believe there will be a Citrix Licensing scheme that should give you
substantial discounts if you get over a certain amount of seats.
3. With all that money that is being pumped into the NHS via next years Tax
rise , im sure you should be able to swing funding if you put a decent
proposal forward.
4. If you need new servers , get a special bid from Compaq.
5. Speak to your GCAT reseller who should be able to advise

Even before that NHS agreement a TS CAL would have costed between approx.
4-10 quid whereas Private companies would have to pay approx. 50-58 quid....

regards