[THIN] Re: Here's a biggie. Why is thin computing the future.

  • From: Angus Macdonald <angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:14:19 +0100

Sorry for setting off the firestorm ;-)

Our reasoning is that we have over 60 sites, mostly on slow links and some
up to a days drive away. All these sites have PCs that go wrong and there is
no chance of a decent level of resourcing for the IT Dept. We already use
MF1.8 and XP to host specific apps and the sensisble way forward for us is
to migrate as many users as possible onto Citrix for all operations.