[THIN] Re: Fwd: MS Softricity Breaking News - DABCC

  • From: "Chris Grecsek" <cgrecsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:29:52 -0700

I don't suppose anyone has any insight as to how much Softricity is being
bought for eh??

Anyone want to bet on the size of the deal? :-)

  _____

From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@>
To: "jimkenz@@
Subject: Breaking News - DABCC
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:32:26 -0400

(Important!  Do not reply to this email address.  If you wish to reply,
please email  <mailto:dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> dbrown@xxxxxxxxx, Thanks!!)

Hello All,

This is not a newsletter but this is HUGE and I wanted to let you all know
as soon as it was official.

Microsoft Acquires Softricity Application Virtualization Company

Will this Result in a Paradigm Shift in How We Manage and Deploy
Applications in the Future?

May 22, 2006, Today Microsoft announced they will buy application
virtualization software provider Softricity.  Softricity are the pioneers of
the on-demand virtual application computing model for application management
and deployment.  For those of you new Softricity, their SoftGrid solution
changes the paradigm of how applications are run and managed, through true
virtualization of the application. Their solution allows for applications to
be completely insulated from the operating system and from each other.

Read the entire article and look in to the future of Windows with me. I also
want to know what you think about this. Post your comments below the article
and let's all discuss this.  This is really huge!!

http://www.dabcc.com/dabcc/webapplication/aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKText=
1937
<http://www.dabcc.com/dabcc/webapplication/aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKText
=1937&intPKChannel=13> &intPKChannel=13

p.s.   DO NOT reply to this email as i don't monitor this account.  If you
would like to email me then please do it directly,

Jim Kenzig <mailto:web%20at%20kenzig.com>
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://www.kenzig.com <http://www.kenzig.com/>
Sponsorships Available! <http://www.kenzig.com/217/227/index.html>
Blog: http://www.techblink.com <http://www.techblink.com/>