[THIN] Re: Fwd: MS Softricity Breaking News - DABCC

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:16:03 -0400

This is NOT the end of Softricity technology or products but the end of
a company called Softricity.  If everything is approved then Softricity
becomes part of Microsoft.

No it is not, "to get it out of the way"    Microsoft is taking the
entire company.  Not just tabling it.  This is actually a really good
thing for everyone...

Douglas A. Brown

President and Chief Technology Officer

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

DABCC, Inc.

Phone:     (954) 778-9558

Fax:         (248) 479-0621

E-mail:       dbrown@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>

Web:        http://www.dabcc.com <http://www.dabcc.com/>

________________________________

        From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@>
        To: "jimkenz@@
        Subject: Breaking News - DABCC
        Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:32:26 -0400

        (Important!  Do not reply to this email address.  If you wish to
reply, please email dbrown@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> ,
Thanks!!)

        Hello All,

        This is not a newsletter but this is HUGE and I wanted to let
you all know as soon as it was official...

        Microsoft Acquires Softricity Application Virtualization Company

        Will this Result in a Paradigm Shift in How We Manage and Deploy
Applications in the Future?

        May 22, 2006, Today Microsoft announced they will buy
application virtualization software provider Softricity.  Softricity are
the pioneers of the on-demand virtual application computing model for
application management and deployment.  For those of you new Softricity,
their SoftGrid solution changes the paradigm of how applications are run
and managed, through true virtualization of the application. Their
solution allows for applications to be completely insulated from the
operating system and from each other...

        Read the entire article and look in to the future of Windows
with me... I also want to know what you think about this... Post your
comments below the article and let's all discuss this.  This is really
huge!!

http://www.dabcc.com/dabcc/webapplication/aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKT
ext=1937&intPKChannel=13

        p.s.   DO NOT reply to this email as i don't monitor this
account.  If you would like to email me then please do it directly,

Jim Kenzig <mailto:web%20at%20kenzig.com>
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://www.kenzig.com <http://www.kenzig.com/>
Sponsorships Available! <http://www.kenzig.com/217/227/index.html>
Blog: http://www.techblink.com <http://www.techblink.com/>