[THIN] Re: Citrix servers and Antivirus software

  • From: "Greg Yorke (V)" <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:05:04 -0700

If you can avoid using anti-virus, then definitely it isn't needed.

I used to think the same way as you, until one day I discovered that one of
our servers had open shares. That was pretty ugly.

It turns out that some developers had created the Citrix server to run their
app, and decided that these shares were needed to make the app work
correctly.

(Quick side not: The server was built before I started)

Sure wish that I had anti-virus on that server.

G.