[THIN] Re: Citrix servers and Antivirus software

  • From: "Greg Yorke (V)" <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:58:36 -0700

If you have the capability to lock down and standardize your environment,
the Citrix servers should be fine. The file server did have anti-virus on
it, that is why we were caught with our pants down. It was during that whole
Klez fiasco that we were caught. Go figure. It came in through a share that
was left open to the world on the file server. Let me tell you, some people
got in a bit of trouble for that one.

With all that said, I do agree that Citrix servers shouldn't need
anti-virus, but it seems that it is a necessary evil, and it isn't worth the
risk to the Corporation.

G.