[THIN] Re: CSG - Hacking

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:28:04 -0500

If they can hack SSL encryption let them give it a shot :-).

The real vulnerability comes from the IIS boxes that host the CSG and
NFuse service. Which if the DMZ is configured right and the security guy
can secure an IIS box should limit the threat.=20

There are things you can do to poll for published apps and what not on
Citrix servers BUT with the CSG those servers are hidden with no public
IP address.  The CSG was built to secure internal apps and servers.

SEVERAL white papers are out about CSG 1.1 and how it works. Send them
to the security guys. I'm not saying it impossible to hack, nothing is.
But we set one up and let a security team bang on it for 2 weeks.
Nothing. The only thing they could really do was a DOS attack which can
happen to any server exposed to the internet.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp