[THIN] Re: CSG - Hacking

  • From: "Schneider, Samuel M. Mr (Contractor) UHD" <Samuel.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:39:54 -0400

Can you spoof and hijack? more than likely not, in a properly configured CSG
environment. Can the client be compromised?  yes. What will STA buy you at
this point? Nothing. Do you use internet Zones to control ActiveX
components?  If not you should. Is ActiveX a secure/sandbox oriented
programmatic methodology?  No. Is JAVA? Yes  Is java an operationally
effective solution? No ..Limitations and lack of control with non LPR
resources. Is CSG a good solution? Absolutely. I'm not knocking it folks!
Just addressing reality.