[THIN] Bloated Citrix Profile Issue

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 09:23:00 +1100

Hi

We have an issue
where our Citrix Profiles are bloated.  We use Citrix Profile Management.
 We have the following Folder exclusions in place via a AD Group Policy:

Exclusion list -
directories

Desktop

Appdata\Local

Contacts

Searches

Downloads

Music

Pictures

Saved Games

Videos

AppData\LocalLow\Adobe

AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft

AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache

AppData\LocalLow\Temp

AppData\LocalLow\SSH

AppData\Roaming\ICAClient

Unfortunately some of
the exclusions were not in place from Day 1 so we have profiles that are around
200Mb!  I was hoping the profiles would clean themselves once I added the
folder exclusions but it isn't working this way.  I have around 2000
profiles to clean..  Are there any tools that will delete unnecessary
folders from the profile?  Otherwise does anyone have any scripts that I
can customize to delete folders such as:

%username%\UPM_Profile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14\OffliceFileCache

Thanks

Ang