[THIN] Re: Bloated Citrix Profile Issue

  • From: "Mitchell, Brandon R" <brandon.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:19:57 +0000

We took a different approach and excluded everything and only included what was
necessary...

From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Sender: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 09:23:00 +1100
To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%3cthin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
ReplyTo: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Bloated Citrix Profile Issue

Hi

We have an issue where our Citrix Profiles are bloated.  We use Citrix Profile
Management.  We have the following Folder exclusions in place via a AD Group
Policy:

Exclusion list - directories
Desktop
Appdata\Local
Contacts
Searches
Downloads
Music
Pictures
Saved Games
Videos
AppData\LocalLow\Adobe
AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft
AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache
AppData\LocalLow\Temp
AppData\LocalLow\SSH
AppData\Roaming\ICAClient

Unfortunately some of the exclusions were not in place from Day 1 so we have
profiles that are around 200Mb!  I was hoping the profiles would clean
themselves once I added the folder exclusions but it isn't working this way.  I
have around 2000 profiles to clean..  Are there any tools that will delete
unnecessary folders from the profile?  Otherwise does anyone have any scripts
that I can customize to delete folders such as:

%username%\UPM_Profile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14\OffliceFileCache

Thanks
Ang

intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.