[THIN] Re: Bloated Citrix Profile Issue

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:32:12 +1100

Hi

After further testing
I have determined that the exclusions are not working at all..  I just
deleted a profile and logged back into Citrix.  To my surprise folders
that are excluded via AD GPO are being created in my Citrix Profile.  Eg

\\%username%\UPM_Profile\AppData\Local\Microsoft

Based on my
exclusions I'm assuming Appdata\Local and all sub-directories should not be
created.
 Can anyone confirm this is the case based on the following exclusions:

Exclusion list -
directories

Desktop

Appdata\Local

Contacts

Searches

Downloads

Music

Pictures

Saved Games

Videos

AppData\LocalLow\Adobe

AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft

AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache

AppData\LocalLow\Temp

AppData\LocalLow\SSH

AppData\Roaming\ICAClient

What is the best way
to troubleshoot this?  Need to fix this before I start cleaning profiles
via a deletion script.

Thanks

Ang

From: gavsmythe@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:43:41 +1100
Subject: [THIN] Re: Bloated Citrix Profile Issue
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a look at Sepago Profile Nurse.. that might do the trick
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:37 AM, Carrington, Tom W. (NIH/NCI) [C]
<carringt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our Citrix login script leverages KiXtart (
http://www.kixtart.org )runs the following:

  ; User profile cache trimming
  DEL "O:\Docume~1\" + @USERID +
"\Applic~1\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\*.*" /c /s /h
  DEL "O:\Docume~1\" + @USERID + "\Applic~1\Sun\Java\Deployment\Cache\*.*" /c
/s /h
  RD "O:\Docume~1\" + @USERID + "\Applic~1\Sun\Java\Deployment\Cache" /s
  DEL "O:\Docume~1\" + @USERID +
"\Applic~1\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\*.*" /c /s /h
  RD "O:\Docume~1\" + @USERID + "\Applic~1\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache" /s

  ; MS Office autosave cleanup - deletes autosave files older than 5 days -
note leading and trailing single quote & @@ syntax
  SHELL 'O:\Windows\System32\Attrib.exe O:\Docume~1\' + @USERID +
'\Applic~1\Microsoft\Word\*.* -r -h -s'
  RUN 'O:\Windows\System32\Forfiles.exe /p O:\Docume~1\' + @USERID +