[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:44:36 -0600

On a mid December day that would be hard to top especially after the terrible
week of being iced in we saw 83 species.  The white geese are back in good
numbers and there were a lot of gulls.  Sandy point was good with 82 Ruddy
Ducks, 1 Common Goldeneye, and 7 Horned Grebes.  We saw a Merlin early.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S16005201
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.