[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:44:32 -0600

On a morning that started out cold and cloudy but changed to clear and cool we
saw 68 species. We were surprised to see at least 300 American White Pelicans.
We still have at least 3000 white geese including at least 1000 Ross's geese.
Numbers of Red-tailed Hawks are beginning to drop.
http://ebird.org/ebird/iss/view/checklist/email?subID=S13201441
Jack Chiles
Texas Master Naturalist & volunteer, Hagerman NWR