[texbirds] Re: Photo documentation vs. a mob

  • From: Fred Collins <fcndc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx" <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:33:19 -0500

Doesn't this confirm my point. What if Finch had not chased the bird? The
record would be wrong. Many of us who will chase birds still look at the bird
to learn how to identify it and learn its behavior.
My designation is many observers abbreviated as m. ob. Not a mob. Observers
being the key word, not checkers or tickers.
I think some birds behave differently when at their range edge and as vagrants.
This quality is always interesting to study and speculate on.

BTW, if you see some agreement with my point I promise not to call you a
"tern-coat. -;)

Fred Collins
At home on the prairie in Waller County
Sent from my iPhone