[texbirds] Re: Photo documentation vs. a mob

  • From: "Stevan Hawkins" <shawkins4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:03:09 -0500

Brush:

In the 1980s during a San Antonio Audubon Society field trip to the
Cartwright Ranch, Dinero TX, Jean Evans spotted a Brant that Sumner Dana and
I confirmed.  Even though nobody else in the group saw that bird, the TBRC
accepted our written documentation.  Even then, without witnesses that bird
would not have been accepted.  As Fred stated, witnesses for significant
finds are always good.

Onward!

Steve

Stevan Hawkins