[texbirds] Common Black Hawk Fayette Co.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:54:19 -0500

   "Yesterday about 4:45 pm on Bear Creek Road between 77 and Owl Creek I
spotted what was likely a Common Black Hawk. I know there have been other
sightings around the power plant lake but this was the first one I have
seen."

   I am beginning to suspect that there is a resident , including breeding,
population in this area given the dates they have been found here. Mike
used to post to Texbirds under "Mike M". several years ago.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas