[techtalk] Re: Upgrade options

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:17:01 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 19-Dec-05, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> I just upgraded my machine.  Well, more like replaced ailing parts.

LOL - it comes down to that in the end :)

> £100 for a A64-3000, £30 for a used DFI Lanparty nF3-250 board off
> EBay, and reused my Mushkin PC3200 and FX5900XT.

Mmm my son was thinking about a DFI board as part of an upgrade.
I always thought they were a bit flash with the UV paint and all that
but not that stable - I guess thats a thing of the past now then ?

> Quite a bit quicker than the P4 it replaced, and I havn't even had a
> chance to overclock yet. :)

So the DFI is a good overclocker ?
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

How do you explain school to a higher intelligence? -- Elliot, "E.T."