[techtalk] Re: Upgrade options

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:43:41 +0100

Hi Martin

On 17-Dec-05, m.nuttall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> i would recommend my current mobo asrock they are cheap and not that
> bad for the price and runs linux fine as well with the Sis chipset.

Have to admit I've looked at ASRock in the past as a cheap mobo
for a "project" machine I was thinking of building but I didn't get
any further then just thinking about it :(

> The only problem it has is a memory bottleneck.

Mmmm hardly a minor problem is it ?

> Theres a FAQ for it on lejabeach website worth a look for peripheral
> incompatibilities.

I may need to play with various hardware configurations so can't
be tied to specific hardware but will take a look @ the website to try
and figure out how restrictive the incompatability issues are.

Thanks for posting :)
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

Friends may come and go, but enemies tend to accumulate.