[techtalk] Re: Upgrade options

  • From: "Gary Colville" <ramtop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:39:27 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Ferguson" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "TechTalk" <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject: [techtalk] Re: Upgrade options

Cheers Gary, might have to make a change to the mobo though as his
current one is onboard VGA + sound and the K8NS doesn't appear to
have an onboard VGA card. Maybe the K8VM800M ?

My experiences with VIA's all-in-one stuff is bad enough that I always just fit a K8NS and pay the £20 or so for a basic GeForce or Radeon. Sucky chipsets with sucky integrated video and sucky drivers = lots of support hassle that I can do without.

GC