[techtalk] Celeron ?

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:54:53 +0100

Hi,

As some of you may remember, I was on the scrounge a while back for
a P4. I never did find one so, I started looking @ buying a (shock) new
one but never got around to actually buying it.

Anyhoo, I'm now in a position to buy but can't find the right CPU - it's a
400 Mhz FSB board and the slowest P4 I can find is 533. However, I can find
Celerons with a 400 Mhz FSB.

My question is, do you think that I'll encounter any issues using a Celery ?
The main difference appears to be the amount of cache onboard.

Alternatively, would I be able to use a Socket 478 533 FSB P4 but obviously
it would have to run @ the boards speed of 400
--
Cheers,

*Paul*