[techtalk] Re: Celeron ?

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:15:59 +0100

Hi Gary

On 16-May-04, Gary Colville wrote:

> Get the P4. Even underclocked it'll wallop a Celery six ways to Tuesday=
=2E

I know that the P4 would be better but wasn't sure if a 533 would run at =
all
on the 400 FSB board - hence the question :)

> Alternatively, forget the whole thing and spend tomorrow's lunch money =
on
> a Duron :)

No need to spend anything. I have 2 here doing nowt :) =

I was going to post asking for suggestions for a mobo but, as you mention=
ed =

it - I need recommendations for a Duron capable board. =

It may well end up as a Linux box so I'm after one with a "tried and test=
ed" =

chipset that doesn't require any kernel recompiling to make it work (I wo=
uldn't =

know how to compile a kernel if it bit me on the ass ;)

As I believe I've made quite clear before, I like Gigabyte but am open to=
 =

suggestions if the price and features are right but above all it needs to=

work correctly right out of the box with Fedora Core 1 (and possibly Core=
 2
if my download ever finishes ;)
-- =

Cheers,

*Paul*

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?