[techtalk] Re: Celeron ?

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:03:43 +0100

Hi Gary,

>It'll run fine.

Excellent - thanks for confirming that :) Looks like I'm a bit stuck
anyway as the board will only go up to 2Ghz but I haven't found a
cpu @ that speed. They're all faster but again I guess that one
would run at the max speed of the board ?

>My favourite board right now is the Jetway N2PAP Ultra (which is also sold
>as the Lex BNNF2). It's very cheap, quick and totally solid and unfussy.
>The various Gigabytes are good if you need more features than the Jetway
>provides.

Hmm I`m a bit concerned about that one as it`s nForce 2 based. I`ll have to
look around and see if the support is implemented for that chipset.

>I know how to do it off by heart having done custom kernels for Amithlon and
>the AmigaOne. Compiling a kernel is actually very, very easy. Getting the
> system to use that kernel is another, less happy, story :(

ROFL :) Ah well, hopefully I won`t need to find out how "easy" it is
to compile my own ;)
--
Cheers,

*Paul*