[TechAssist] Re: magnavox 25G1 yoke noisy

  • From: "Daryl Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:54:54 -0500

Craig,
I have repaied several of these yokes by using varnish.  There are two ways to
do this. You can submerge the yoke for a few minutes then hang it up to dry for
a day or two.  I have had good success by using a paint brush and paint the
windings and use the varnish liberaly, paying close attention in getting it
into all of the openings around the windings inside of the yoke as well as
outside.  Let dry for a day or so. Works like a new one!
Good luck,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.