[TechAssist] Re: fed up with fed-Ex 3 business day deliv. policy

  • From: Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:29:48 -0500

For me here, FedUp takes it to Winchester, VA and waits until they have
a truckload coming to this region. Then they load them up and haul them
to Cumberland, MD and reship by United States Postal Service! It can
take anywhere from 4-5 up to 12 days I had to wait once. But, and get
this, it is cheaper to ship by fedup than USPS. But if shipped by
straight USPS, it will get here in usually 4-5 days. Longestest was 7
but that was over a holiday if I remember right. And when something
comes in sent from FedUp in Winchester, they call me from the post
office and tell me I have a package that needs picked up. If it is sent
USPS, they bring it right here to the shop. (anyone have a theory on
that one?) I went to the post office and complained and asked them why
FedUp was getting such a price break. The postmaster told me that they
"pre-sort" their packages by address. I said anything I mail is
"pre-sorted", if it has an address, it IS pre-sorted. You don't address
one, "To: John Doe, USA". It's not like they have to go out and find
whoever. This is just more political, 'neath the table, payoff crap. But
I'm almost to the point I will do without rather than have something
shipped FedUp.

Doug Keller
Wis-Kel Electronics
101 Freeland Ave.
Terra Alta, WV
USA        26764
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tech-assist.org
"Whether you're sure that you're going to succeed
or sure that you're going to fail, either way you
are right."