[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B25A11ZF Chassis 9-2108 Flat line then off. Won't start.

  • From: ACME Enterprises <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:43:35 -0400

Sanken's markings on the STR series of regulator ICs is pretty
inconsistant.  The "white dot" may or may not be present on the original
part.

One *sure* way to tell if you have the real thing is to look at the
circular indentation immediately above the center lead.  If there is an
"SK" stamped into the plastic inside the circle, the device is genuine.
  If the circle is empty or missing, you probably have a counterfeit.
It's too expensive for the counterfeiters to reproduce this device at
such a level of detail.

Regards,

Glen Goodwin
ACME Enterprises of Orlando